Health & Safety
Updated September 2, 2021
Updated August 25, 2021
Out of an abundance of caution and for the health and safety of all OPS attendees, the Organic Produce Summit will be implementing a mask mandate for OPS 2021. More information will be available the week of 8/30.
Updated August 19, 2021
We are one month away from OPS 2021 and it is our number one priority to make your stay in Monterey comfortable and most importantly, safe as you meet with members of the organic community.
For the health and safety of our attendees, the Organic Produce Summit will implement the following protocols:
- Frequent cleaning and sanitizing in all high traffic areas.
- Touchless hand sanitizing stations throughout the Monterey Hyatt property.
- Mask recommendation based on hotel and county guidelines at the time of the event.
One of our main objectives is to provide as much outdoor space as possible for OPS activities and give attendees the room to safely social distance.
- The opening reception and breakfast will have an indoor/outdoor component to it.
- Lunch and morning break will be held outdoors.
- The educational sessions are currently planned to be held indoors, with plenty of social distancing options and an opportunity to view them from an outdoor area.
- The keynote presentations will be held in the large Regency Ballroom, with an opportunity to view them from an outdoor area.
- The trade show is housed in a 43,000 square foot open-air tent.
Through the efforts of ag industry leaders, the vaccination rate in Monterey County is more than 70%. Over the past six months, we’ve worked closely with the Monterey Hyatt and are following the rules and regulations established by the County of Monterey as it relates to gatherings. At this time, Monterey County has no restrictions on event size or a mandatory mask requirement. However, masks will be available on site should you want to wear one.
As the COVID situation continues to change, we will provide updates as to how OPS will implement health and safety guidelines for all attendees.
Hyatt's Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment